Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Spring Break Day 2

You know on a Cotheran vacation we always have some kind of accident or illness. I guess it is always going to be like that and there is nothing we can do about it.

First off, day 2 on spring break started out great! I was up bright and early fixing pancakes with sausage for the gang. They were all ready to play outside and see their friends next door. After breakfast I went and washed clothes while Corey cleaned up. Well, when I got back I heard about accident #1. Oh, yes there was more than one on this day.

Noah had went over to our friendly neighbors while I was gone and tried to pick up there little dog. Well I guess he was hurting her cause she bit him on the lip.Yeah, it went all the way through.It didn’t stop him though cause he was riding around on his bike with a washcloth in his mouth..lol.

The kids had all been wanting to go fishing so we decided to take them before Corey had to head back home. Even though they didn’t catch anything but twigs, they had a blast!







Corey left about 3:30 headed home.He probably wasn’t gone 1 hour and accident #2 happened. I am really not sure how it happen because I was inside doing something,but I heard Noah screaming. He was crying “Help,I’m bleeding!”I looked outside and he was under the bike and scooter.They had ran into one another. Well I ran out of the camper missing all the steps as I leaped into the yard. I scooped him up and laid him on the picnic table. There wasn’t much blood but there was a small hole on the side of his knee. He wasn’t able to walk on it and it was already turning blue on both sides. After we all had calmed down he said he was fine and still wanted to go swimming.

While at the pool I decided I was going to take him to the ER to be checked out. See Noah and Kain have a bleeding disorder and I was worried about the joints bleeding. We arrived at the local ER around 8pm. After 4 hours the doctor came in and advised us to go to Charleston for Noah’s bleeding meds. He said it was just a precaution but he really wanted us to go. After much thought I told him we just couldn’t go. I had 4 other kids at the campground with my friend,and my husband was 4 hours away. Noah was so upset at the thought of riding 2 hours in an ambulance without me he was getting sick. We came home and was told to rest the leg for 2 days. It was hard but Noah has rested and today (2 days later) he is able to walk on it!
noah_er[1] (2)

Please pray that nothing else happens the rest of the week!

1 comment:

McCrakensx4 said...

OUCH...poor Noah! I hope that he is back to himself very soon and glad that it didn't hold him back! Great pictures BTW...way to edit on vaca!!