Thursday, January 22, 2009

Awards Day

Today was awards day at school. We are just so proud of the kids!! I am so thankful that I am able to attend their functions at school. Some of the kids were crying because their parents we not able to come. Of course my kids act embarrassed when I'm there but I know they will be happy one day that I was there.

Kain and his teacher Mrs.Hardee

Notice how he is looking away while holding the award. He knows I'm clicking away!

Yes the girl beside him is in 4th grade. Does she look 10 to you? These kids are a whole head (or 2) taller than him. But that's OK. He'll grow like a weed one day.


Posted by Picasa

Noah was one of four kids chosen to read their story about President Obama


He is so happy at school.

Finally some one is looking at me.

Zoe was happy because she got to eat refreshments at every class.


Posted by Picasa

She is waiting patiently to get her awards.


Posted by Picasa

Now she wasn't embarrassed by me being there. But give it a few years and she will be!

8 comments:

More Than Words said...

What a great day for you and the kids!!

Aww..how sad that some kids were crying!!!! Breaks my heart!

And then, I'm LOL'ing at your son who won't look your way!! Hahahahaha!!

Love that last picture of your daughter!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your kids on their awards! What an honor and I know you all are so very proud of them!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Kain, Noah and Zoe!!!! You have great kids! My parents were at everything too and you are right, one day they will be thankful! Joye H

He & Me + 3 said...

Award days are so fun. You got some great shots. HOw neat. Congrats to them.

Jennifer said...

Congrats wy to go kids!!!!

I have to say get us to Kain being that way and Noah will in a few years... My oldest got like that now they don't care if you are clicking away.. Tyler is somewhat gettting like that. My saddest thing was the first year Ryan and Stephen would not get up there with Tyler and Santa for me to take a pic.. Never know who would be looking... I think Zoe will always like the camera...

jkstrib said...

Don't let them fool you...they LOVE having there! I'm like Joye...there's no telling how many band concerts my Mom & Dad came too. They will never forget it...even 49 years later!!! :)

Summer Martin said...

How neat, a middle of the year awards day. Our school doesn't do that. I love the picture of Kain holding the award way down low and not looking at you.

Susan said...

I know you must be so proud of your kids! I love the pictures!I also like Zoe's shirt - she is cute as a cupcake indeed!