Sunday, February 22, 2009

Savannah Day 1

I'm terrified of bridges and this was my first sight as we entered Savannah.Little did I know I would do a few things out of the ordinary(for me at least).

We arrived early so we stopped by the visitor center and they had this cute restaurant.
The Whistle Stop Cafe

Yep it was inside the train!

Posted by Picasa

Our wonderful room and very comfy bed.




We headed towards Ty bee Island and found this lighthouse.


OK so I am TERRIFIED of heights. We have been to a few lighthouses and I have never even tried to climb it. But I decided I was gonna conquer my fear. Well you can see the nervous smile on my face. I almost had a panic attack but I didn't. This was on the catwalk of the lighthouse!! Corey doesn't like high places either but we both did it.

Posted by Picasa


This is the light that still works.

Only of few of the many steps.

Posted by Picasa

Jelly Fish were all up and down the beach. Yuck!!

The only picture we got together.I sat the camera up on a log and ran before the timer went off. But I love this picture.

After quite a few people said we had to go we went to Uncle Bubba's. He is Paula Dean's brother by the way. We got there at 4 but were told the kitchen was closed til 5 but we could sit at the bar.We figured we would stay since we wouldn't be coming back out this way. The only food you could order right then were oysters.Well I do Not eat those slimy things...yuck! But I was about trying new things this weekend. The waitress said that these were the best. So we ordered a half dozen (Corey doesn't eat them either). Oh my goodness let me tell you that was the best food we ate all weekend. They cooked them well done with parmesan cheese and garlic butter! I was wanting more.

Posted by Picasa



I had to use a knife and fork for this monster BBQ sandwhich.

Posted by PicasaRiver Street


We wanted to go on a ghost tour since Savannah was named "The Most Haunted City in America". We didn't see anything but it was fun!


Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

What a fun trip so far. Great pictures. I love the one of the two of you. It is perfect!

McCrakensx4 said...

Oh it looks like you had such a good time. We flew into Savannah on our way to Hilton Head, but didn't stay. Wish we wouldv'e checked some things out with the way your pics look! Love the pic of the 2 of you on the beach! I need a weekend away with my hubby! What a perfect get away!

Lisa said...

OMGOSH, I am so jealous that you got to go to Uncle Bubba's. Oh and that food sounds yummy!! As goes for the pictures...that picture of you and DH (ABSOLUTELY PERFECT) Looks like you had a great time and I truly enjoyed the pictures and well now I am really hungry!!

Rhonda said...

oh my!! I have to go now!! I love the pic of you and Corey too! :) Looks like you guys had a great time spending time ALONE!!!

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

What an amazing trip - and your pictures are incredible!!

Jo Ellen said...

Your pictures are AMAZING! Glad you guys had a great time.

Tracey said...

looks like ya'll had a GREAT time! the food all looked so yummy! glad ya'll had a good weekend. :)

More Than Words said...

Oh my gosh...those oysters look YUMMYLICIOUS!! Actually, all your food did!!

You really are a great photographer!!! I loved all the pics!