Thursday, April 9, 2009

Sleep Eating

Noah loves to eat and he loves doing it in the middle of the night.
He is half asleep while he's doing it too. He doesn't care what he eats either.
It could be a block of cheese..yeah I said a block. Or it could be frozen Toaster Strudels.
Anything he can get his hands on he will eat. Well except for the snack I leave for him.
He always says he didn't see it.
People are gonna think I'm crazy but we have had to put a lock on the pantry.
But oh he is so clever. He hunts for the key,finds it,unlocks the door,gets what he wants then locks it back.
Maybe he will be a spy when he grows up...lol. Sometimes if were lucky he wakes up before we go to bed.
Like he did last night and this is what he looks like while he's eating.
He can barely keep his eyes open. I'm waiting on his face to fall in the bowl.
Sometimes when we're not so lucky I wake up to a mess.
Noah likes to get Pop Tarts and take them to bed with him.
Thing is he falls asleep before he is finished eating.
So when he wakes up it's stuck to his face.I'm not kidding either.
We find food hid under the bed and he even will put it under Kain and Zoe's bed.
Because he doesn't want to get in trouble. In the morning I ask him" Noah did you get into the food" and of course he says no.
Well he forgot to wash all the chocolate off his face from eating 3 packs of pudding.
You would never know he is a sleep eater and that he eats so much.
If the length fit he could still wear a 4t and he's 8 years old.
Where does he put all that food?
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

My middle one does this too but he is awake doing it and he doesn't hide the food under his brothers beds he just leaves the empty boxes in the cabinet.... That is to funny that he does that.. I wish I could eat 3 pudding packs and still be skinny...

Stephanie said...

That's crazy...I've never heard of that before. So funny and cute though!

More Than Words said...

Hi Stacy! I've seen shows on this before (like Dateline), and people literally have NO IDEA that they're doing this!! They are functioning like they are "awake", but really, they are asleep! I don't remember what they say the cause was, but if you are concerned, I would really look into something. I think one lady ate a tub of butter!

Anonymous said...

I had no idea about people doing this, this is wild! He does look like he could fall in his bowl of cereal at any moment!

He & Me + 3 said...

Stacy,

That is so crazy. They say that a way to a man's heart is his stomach...even in the middle of the night. Too funny.

McCrakensx4 said...

Brendan does this although not so much with eating. He will just walk around the house and go into rooms and then just stand there...freaky! Sometimes I will find him in the pantry. He usually ends back up in bed, but I leave his door squeaky so I know when he leaves his room!

Anonymous said...

Haha yeah i remember him doing that.He sometimes does it at our house.he sometims cries like one time i caught him and he was eating your 100 calorie thing and he ran to his room crying